If you’re like most people with Meniere’s disease, you’ve probably tried every medication and treatment possible to get relief from your symptoms. But what if there was another way? The good news is that there are new treatment options available, outside of the traditional medical approach. In this blog post, we will explore some of these alternative treatments and how they may help you find relief from Meniere’s disease.
Meniere's disease definition
By downloading the Digital Patient Chart mobile app you can better control your patient portal.
Meniere’s disease is a disorder of the inner ear. The cause is unknown, but it’s thought to be related to a problem with the fluid in the inner ear. This can lead to episodes of vertigo (a spinning sensation), deafness, tinnitus (ringing in the ears), and a feeling of pressure in the ear.
Meniere's disease symptoms
- Hearing loss
- Feeling of fullness or pressure in the ear
- Meniere's disease diagnostic and treatment
Meniere's disease diagnosis
Doctors usually base the diagnosis on a review of your symptoms and your medical history. They may also run some tests, such as:
- Hearing tests. These can help show if you’ve lost hearing in one ear or if your hearing fluctuates.
- Balance tests. These can help determine if you have problems with your balance.
- MRI or CT scan. These imaging tests can rule out other conditions that cause similar symptoms, such as a brain tumor.
Natural tips to manage Meniere's Disease
There are many ways that you can help manage Meniere's Disease naturally. Here are some tips:
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of fluids throughout the day. Avoid caffeine and alcohol, as they can contribute to dehydration.
- Eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables. Limit salt intake to help regulate fluid levels in the body.
- Exercise regularly to help improve circulation and reduce stress.
- Get enough sleep to allow the body to rest and heal.
- Manage stress with relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, or deep breathing exercises.
- Avoid loud noises and bright lights, as they can trigger symptoms.
- Wear earplugs or noise-canceling headphones when exposed to loud noises.
- Use a humidifier in your home to keep the air moist and reduce dryness that can irritate the ears.
By following these tips, you can help manage your Meniere's Disease and improve your quality of life.
Upper Cervical Care and Meniere"s Disease
One promising alternative treatment for Meniere’s disease is upper cervical care. If you or someone you know suffers from Meniere's disease, upper cervical care may be the answer you've been looking for.
Upper Cervical Care is a specific type of chiropractic care that focuses on the upper cervical spine (neck). The theory behind it is that if the top bones in the neck are misaligned, it can put pressure on the brainstem and inner ear, which can then lead to problems like Meniere’s disease. One study found that upper cervical care was effective in reducing symptoms in 88% of Meniere’s disease patients. The study also found that the majority of patients experienced a significant improvement in their quality of life after starting upper cervical care. Upper cervical care is a type of alternative treatment that is showing promise for those with Meniere’s disease.
The C1 vertebrae is a key bone in the neck that helps keep your brain functioning properly. If it's misaligned, you might experience symptoms like dizziness or difficulty breathing because of improper signals being sent from this area to our brains about body position itself- resulting ultimately sicker! You could also have problems with both eustachian tube function as well mental health issues such as confusion.
Upper cervical problems can be really debilitating, so we'll let you know if your symptoms indicate an issue. We need to do some work on the upper bones in order for them not to obstruct communication between the ear canal and the brain; this will help with the normal movement of muscles throughout one's body again!
At our office, we have helped many people find drug-free relief from this debilitating condition. Upper cervical care may not be the only answer for everyone, but it has shown great promise in bringing relief.
Give us a call today or come see us soon-we're ready when YOU ARE.